Skip to main content

Color Midterm: TAZO Green Tea(organic)

This flash green leaf shape logo is insipid by elements form my mood board. Specially, for the shape, In one of my mood board examples, the white raindrop shape on a transparent green bottle makes the product very identical to the audience. It is very good to match my point of sale as well.I would like to sent a massage to public is that TAZO green tea is flash and organic, so I use flash green instead of white. Also, because my tea bag is in a box, I combine a tea leaf shape with a square box, so here comes my logo of TAZO.


Use  in sales
In my products,  the entire layout of a point of sale is to create the product appeal: flash, clean, organic. This is done by creating and aesthetic appeal. I design using unique shape and hight contract display to  “catch the eye” and leverage the power of persuasion to purchase “this” item it's better than others.  In  promote the product to be more interesting, I create texture. For example, on the 2oz small metal cycle package, I put texture on a box instead of using plain green paper. Also for the tea bag pack, I create a relief texture with leaf shape on the paper bag, so costumes can touch it and feel it.





Magazine spread
In this magazine spread,  I mainly use flash green to branding the green tea products, as well as the lighter red orange for highlight information, such as "organic", or production description. Over all the page, product images, text, and logos work with each other well. All the feelings are very similar as shown from my mood board.  Mostly, I stick on the same colour theme as my mood board. Basic on my mood board, I developed more organic and fresh colour , such as green, light orange and light brown; but for the black colour, I get ride of it, this is because it does goes well on my real design.  Therefore, I feel mood board it's very useful to create many many different inspirations and good to rely on it; but focusing is more important to designer during the building work. we also should bravely get ride of some unsuitable ideas to keep our mind focus.


I design the website  address on the right conner, because it can balance these 2 page, also I care about the margin around the website address, so when readers holding the magazine by two hands (as above shown), they still can see the web address. Moreover, I want to encourage them learn more form the web, so I design a black icon to catch their attention. 






Home page
In order to keep my audience focus when browsing my website, I use clean and fresh style to layout the web pages.  Look and feel of the website was inspired form my mood board. As same as the magazine pages, I used the same colour, same typeface and same style which are matched the style of my mood board elements.






Information page
The intention behind my design on information page is to encourage traffic flow to all areas. This is also the shopping page, In my design, I am trying to create a overall visual environment that is coherent and inviting. The focus on this page is to deliver solutions of purchasing rather than just look good.






Contact page
To emphasize the tea products, I use a tea leaf mark as highlight across navigation bar, making the website more interesting and focus to to my product.




Specially, I care about my any audience who with colour blind, so I use photoshop and turn on the "colour blind" function to design every thing, I make sure all the colour theme and layout works well in for everyone regardless of difficulty in reading colours.