Skip to main content

Week3-Color Concept

Svefn-G-Englar
by Sigur Ros
When I  first time hear Svefn-G-Englar, this picture shows up in my mind. I draw a clear hand, because I feel this music is like a blind girl, she can't see anything clear, everything are blurred. Therefore, she carefully use her hand to explore what is around her. This music's atmosphere brings me close eyes to enjoy and feel it, the feeling is like rotating in weightlessness space.


I choose depth blue to explain unknown weightlessness space. Green represent light, but not very bright or clear. I just give few yellow in some small spots, so this shows warm and hope, but far away. Mostly, I use dark and cool colours to invoke audience empathy.


New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down
by LCD Soundsystem
When I was listening to this music, my mind shows this picture up. At a late night, a man is tangling in a positive and negative emotion. He likes New York, but he unhappy to life here.  Life seems has many choices, but also really difficult to choose which one is right and happy.




I choose depth blue and depth green represent night time and city area. Red and yellow are like beautiful neon lights.  I place colours in a map form, indicate streets and blocks. I choose both cool colours and warm colour to explain the tangled feelings. Moreover, only one bright yellow and all the dark colours create big contrasts.



Comments