Skip to main content

week6- Color Concept




(1) Cool receding colours

(2) Warm / advancing colours
(3) a mix of both advancing and receding colors used together
(4) color dominance, subordination and accent color

The first one is my cool colours abstract digital painting. I name it < Outside of the window, night >. When I was painting it, mostly I choose colours that represent moon, wind and grasses. The majority of colours are blue. Green and indigo are the same amount of grayscale. Only 2 horizontal line are brighter then others for making image balance.

Image 2  shows happy mood, so I name it < Vacation >. Yellow is  quite out standing between the orange and red. Also these colours demonstrate  great contrast to each other.


Image 3 I mixed cool and warm colours together to create calm and interesting image. I used cool colours for background to advance the warm colour. We can see yellow is showed quite vividness. I call it < Sunlight grasses >.

Compare with image 1, 2 and 3, they have busy colours; but for the last one I limited my colour choice. Background, lake blue,  is subordinate colour; sky blue is dominant colour, and accent colour is pink.  When I was painting it, I seems heard the sound of running water  because blue colours evoke me water, flowing, calm and clean. Even thought pink just a little amount of colour in this image, it's the livest colour. This image is my favour, I name it < Swimming salmons >.

Comments