Skip to main content

Week8 Colour concept < Colour Schemes>

I like the monochromatic colour scheme because it's easy to create and looks nice. 
It's very comfortable for eyes, it looks very clean. Also it presents sooth color layers. Because it has single colour with many different values, it's good to create visual contrast by using brighter or darker values. However, it only has one colour on an image, so it lacks of colour contrast, less attractive and audience easy to feel bored.


I create analogous image is as easy as the monochromatic image. Analogous color scheme looks more attractive and vibrant,  and also very comfortable for eyes. Because its colours are richer than monochromatic colour scheme, I able to use less colours to create more interesting image(compare with monochromatic image).




Complementary colour scheme is very hard to manage and balance, some times it's perfect for balance the image, but terrible for legibility, it took me a day to manage it. Once I figure it out, it has fabulous result. Red versus green-blue.Because I want to make this image more smooth, so I decrease green-blue's saturation. And also it let's red looks more outstanding.For better result, I combined  monochromatic colour scheme to create more details. 


This split complimentary image has sweet feelings, it's good for summer or happy topics design. Colours cooperate with each other very well. This is because green and yellow are good analogous colors, and pink is complementary with them, so this image has 2/3 colour are very matched colour and one nice color for creating interesting point, which is pink for hot visual points. Specially for light yellow and pink, I cannot put them beside each other, because it will decreases the pink's visual vibrant. It will make pink looks more gary. So I place pink beside greens. I use analogous colour scheme skills to manage yellow and green, use complementary colour scheme skill to balance the shape and image.  Also, my  split complementary image has good legibility.

Triadic color scheme is so attractive. This is the most interesting one I have created. I decrease the value of yellow and  purple, also I make the blue brighter.  Therefore dark yellow background feels calm, deep-purple has very nice mood, also the lake blue creates big contrast in this image. Obviously, the hot visual point easily focus on the bright blue area. Moreover , the deep-purple ornaments on top of the biggest circular, this creates very interesting point. Yellows are subordinate colour, deep purple is dominant colour, and lake blue the accent colour.

When I was doing all of these images, I very care about legibility in color, so every image I make sure that texts are readable and comfortable for eyes. For this image, it's two complementary color pairs, they are easy to make contrast, but it's really hard to balance them. For better result,  I avoid to use them in equal amounts,  so I use a little amount of  bright yellow as highlight and text. Other tint and shade colours are subordinate colour and dominant colour. As a result, this image is the most attractive and vibrant image.

Comments